You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shun Knives Premier Series Cutlery - 8 Inch Chef's Knife
Shun Knives Premiere Series Cutlery is inspired by Japan's ancient hand-forged knives and swords. Created in classic methods and formed out of cutting edge materials, individual blade work is produced for all that insist on superior tools for the kitchen. Hand-crafted and unique, each Shun knife goes through more than 100 processing steps before it reaches completion. Anyone that owns a piece of Shun Cutlery benefits from Japanese traditional craftsmanship that can elevate food preparation to a combination of bliss and satisfaction.
The core and blade edge are composed of proprietary VG-MAX "super steel" with great hardness which will accept and hold a long-lasting, sharp edge. The steel core is then clad with 34 layers of Damascus steel for added support, and extra stain-resistance with shatter-proofing qualities. A hammered tsuchime finish is also placed on the softer spine to reduce drag, like hollow-ground cavities, for non-stick qualities. The knife blade is submitted to a final tempering process that produces a lovely, undulating hamon line. The clay-baking method of final tempering brings out the strength, hardness, flexibility, resilience, and artistic qualities of each knife blade. Those that appreciate fine blades will love Shun Knives Premier Series Cutlery for all that they are, and can do in the kitchen.
This highly versatile Shun Cutlery Premier Chef's Knife feels and functions like an extension of the arm. The razor-sharp edge is made for daily slicing, dicing, and chopping of any foods you wish to prepare. A thin, wide blade is made for less fatigue during use, keeping your knuckles off the cutting board, and assisting in moving your cut foods. This 8 inch chef's knife has a finely curved belly to also perform the gentle rocking needed for fine mincing of herbs, shallots, and garlic. A contoured walnut PakkaWood composite handle is engineered to fit perfectly in the hand, while providing water-resistant durability. This chef's knife has an embossed handle end cap for added balance and elegance. Gift yourself or someone special with Shun Knives designed with the functional performance and ancient artistry of Shun.
Shun Cutlery Premier Series Knives - 8 Inch Chef's Knife Features:
- Each chef's knife blade processed with over 100 steps before completion
- Shun Knives Premier Cutlery with cutting core of proprietary VG-MAX “super steel”
- Extremely hard core steel takes and holds precision edges
- 34 layers Damascus cladding to support steel core and provide extra stain resistance
- Hammered tsuchime finish to reduce drag, like hollow-ground cavities, for non-stick qualities
- Contoured walnut PakkaWood® handle construction
- Pakkawood composite of wood and plastic for food-safety, durability, water-resistance
- Handles nestle comfortably in hand
- Embossed handle end cap for beauty and added Santoku knife balance
- Every blade hand-sharpened 16 degree cutting angle on each side, or comprehensive 32 degree double bevel
- Shun Cutlery Premier Chef's Knife length - 8 inches
- Razor sharp edge for slicing, dicing, chopping any foods
- Thinner blade than European made chef's knife for less fatigue during use
- Wide blade keeps knuckles off cutting board and assists in moving cut food to cookware
- Chef's knife with curved belly to perform the gentle rocking for fine mincing work
- Shun Knives made in Japan
- Free lifetime sharpening through manufacturer for original owner
- Limited lifetime warranty from Shun Knives
"Shun" is the exact moment of time when a specific food is at its peak of maturity and ripeness. Shun Cutlery takes its name from this precise time combined with the Japanese tradition of preparing and eating foods at the height of excellence and freshness. Founded and located in Seki City, Japan, Shun Cutlery continues the blade-making heritage of ancient artisans to produce knives of exceptional beauty and quality. Hand-crafted from start to finish, highly skilled specialists make each knife using advanced technologies and materials paired with the traditional technique of Japanese sword makers employing over 100 steps.
Questions on Shun Cutlery Premier Chef's Knife - 8" (TDM0706)
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
Excellent Review by Brynn
- Additional Information
Description Author Alecia Kay Name Shun Cutlery Premier Chef's Knife - 8 Inch GTIIN / UPC Code 4901601344325 Brands Shun Cutlery Type Chef's Knives Options Forged Home or Commercial Home Material Steel & Pakkawood Color Steel, Wood Size 8" Quantity Included 1 Manufacturer's Warranty Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty Country of Manufacture Japan Magnetic No Surface Straight Edge Weight (in Lbs) 0.66