You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shun Knives Sora Series Cutlery - Japanese Knife Block Set of 6 PC
It's time to chop, cut, dice, mince, pare, and slice. It's time to prepare, and to cook. It's time for Shun. The Shun Cutlery Sora Knife Block Set can satisfy the most discriminating cook with the precise sharpness and beauty found in each tool. Authentic Japanese methods provide traditional blade shapes and handle designs. The textured handles are a blend of TPE/PP polymers which are contemporary and food-safe. Each handle provides easy maintenance, excellent gripping, and good balance. The comprehensive 32 degree double bevel San Mai blade is a Japanese tradition with a rolling wave design that is the heart of the Shun Knives Sora Series Cutlery pieces. The Shun Cutlery Sora Knife Block Set is a starter group of individual, hand-crafted functional art pieces.
San Mai is the ancient Japanese method of making superior quality knife blades. It is a merging of hard and soft steel compositions to bring out the best characteristics of both. The harder, high carbon steel piece provides good edge retention and sharpness. The softer spine grants durability and flexibility. Shun Knives Sora Series Cutlery is made using a special process of laser cutting two blade sections, one of each soft and hard steel. These are joined like a jigsaw puzzle, and then braze welded together. The visually attractive waves that pattern this joint is based on ancient sword hamon lines. The hamon is the graceful temper line of a differentially heat-treated blade. Each hamon line is different and unique. It is the mark, and visual evidence, that the maker worked with skilled efforts to produce the finest blade work possible. The best hamon line is clear, unbroken, and well-formed. Shun Cutlery Sora Knives display this commitment to the ancient method of San Mai blades.
The Shun Cutlery Sora Knife Block Set will enable you to take mastery over of all the preparation chores that are before you. Three basic knives are included, a 3.5" paring knife, a 6" utility knife, and an 8" chef's knife. These crucial tools will help you accomplish so many of your day to day chores. Also included is a honing steel to keep your blades sharp, and a pair of herb shears. These are fitted beautifully into an 11-slot bamboo wood block that has plenty of room to add other knives into your collection. The Shun Cutlery Sora Knife Block Set can be the most prized kitchen tools you possess. The ones you first grab for their versatility and superior sharpness. The time is right to add Shun to your kitchen world today.
Shun Knives Sora Series Knife Block Set of 6 Pieces Features:
- Shun Cutlery Sora proprietary composite blade technology
- Hand-crafted, individual, unique Shun Knives Sora Series
- Knife block set with San Mai blade construction
- Ancient Japanese methods of combining soft and hard steel for finest blades
- Possesses benefits of both types of steel used
- Differentially heat-treated knife blades
- VG10 3 layer San Mai cutting edges of high carbon steel
- Polished 420J Japanese softer stainless steel upper spines
- Knife block set with superb cutting edges with retaining sharpness
- High performance exactly where it is needed most, on the edge
- Each with soft stainless steel section for flexibility and durability
- Special forging combined with braze welding in jigsaw puzzle fashion
- Ancient sword hamon lines maintained, and individual to each blade
- Lovely, graceful tempered hamon lines, a visual mark of fine blade smith work
- Every blade hand-sharpened 16 degree cutting angle on each side, or comprehensive 32 degree double bevel
- Japanese knife block set with traditional handle design
- Handle construction of easy-care, textured TPE/PP blend plastics
- 6 PC Shun Cutlery knife block set with selection of most used kitchen knives, set of shears, and a honing steel
- Bamboo knife block set with additional slots for adding to Sora Series Cutlery
- Exceptional quality with affordable price
- Shun Knives made in Japan
- Free lifetime sharpening through manufacturer for original owner
- Limited lifetime warranty from Shun Knives
- Six piece knife block set of Sora Series Cutlery from Shun Knives
- Shun Cutlery Sora Knife Block Set of 6 Starter Pieces Includes:
- 1 - 3.5" Paring knife
- 1 - 6" Utility knife
- 1 - 8" Chef's knife
- 1 - Herb Shears/Scissors
- 1 - Honing steel
- 1 - 11-Slot bamboo wood knife block
Shun Cutlery Sora Knife Block Set of 6 PC Shipping Weight - 10 lbs.
"Shun" is the exact moment of time when a specific food is at its peak of maturity and ripeness. Shun Cutlery takes its name from this precise time combined with the Japanese tradition of preparing and eating foods at the height of excellence and freshness. Founded and located in Seki City, Japan, Shun Cutlery continues the blade-making heritage of ancient artisans to produce knives of exceptional beauty and quality. Hand-crafted from start to finish, highly skilled specialists make each knife using advanced technologies and materials paired with the traditional technique of Japanese sword makers employing over 100 steps.
Questions on Shun Cutlery Sora Knife Block Set - 6 PC (VBS0600)
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
Customer ReviewsNo reviews have been found
- Additional Information
Description Author Alecia Kay Name Shun Cutlery Sora Knife Block Set - 6 PC Starter GTIIN / UPC Code 087171043074 Brands Shun Cutlery Type Small Knife Block Sets (0-9 Pieces) Options Forged Material Plastic and Steel Color Black & Stainless Quantity Included 6 Country of Manufacture Japan Surface Straight Edge Weight (in Lbs) 10