Inspired by Japanese cutlery, the Wusthof Classic 5" Santoku Knife has a thinner blade than a traditional cook's knife with a 10° cutting edge. The thinner blade is better for precision cutting or when you need very thin cuts or slices. The Santoku Knife is ideal for chopping, slicing & dicing vegetables but can be used for meats & fruits as well. The hollow edge blade also features vertical indentations on the blade which creates an air pocket between the blade & food to reduce friction & drag when slicing. The forged blade is constructed of high-carbon, stain-resistant steel & is triple-riveted to the black, composite handle. Craftsmanship & durability are important factors in choosing the right knife. Wusthof is a family-owned company who has been manufacturing knives & cutlery for over 200 years in Solingen, Germany - also known as the "City of Blades".
Wusthof Classic 5" Santoku Knife (Hollow Edge) Features:
- New & improved look!
- Santoku knife has a thinner blade than the traditional cook's knife with a 10° cutting edge | Ideal for chopping, slicing & dicing vegetables
- Hollow edge blade has small vertical indentation on the blade which create air pockets between the blade & food to reduce friction & drag when slicing
- Black, composite material handle
- Forged blade constructed of high-carbon, stain-resistant steel
- Full tang knife triple riveted to the handle
- Traditional series & best-selling Wusthof collection
- Proprietary state-of-the-art Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) creates a blade that is 20% sharper with 2xs the edge retention
- Full bolster & finger guard
- Wash by hand only
- Limited lifetime manufacturer's warranty
- Made in the "City of Blades" of Solingen, Germany
Looking for more Wusthof Classic Knives or other Wusthof styles?
About the Wusthof Classic Collection
The Wusthof Classic Series is the best-selling Wusthof collection and has been for generations. This series features the widest selection of knife types and every knife is forged from high-quality German steel. The blades of the Classic collection are made using the Precision Edge Technology which results in blades that are 20% sharper and retain their edge longer than other blades. The handle of each Classic blade is full tang with a finger guard for safer use and is made of a unique poly material that resists fading, so you get a beautiful knife with no handle-upkeep required. This construction has made this series the cutlery of choice for home chefs for decades and so they are the ideal choice for anyone searching for forged, full-tang blades from Wusthof.