You have no items in your shopping cart.
6" Western Chef's Knife from the Classic Series - by Shun
Save time in food prep and spend your evening chattering with family with Shun's Classic 8" Western Cook's Knife! With a lightly curved blade and 22° cutting angle, opposed to a standard 16° angle, slicing and disjointing large cuts of meat, tricky squash, or layered cabbage has never been easier. The blade is crafted from high quality Japanese steel for an effortless cut and excellent edge retention and balance.
Shun Classic Series knives and cutlery use blades comprised of 68 layers of Shun's proprietary VG-MAX steel, which are each then clad in Damascus steel for a mottled pattern that resembles a fine wood grain. The result is a contemporary knife with eye-catching looks that resists corrosion and dulling, and won't break under normal use. Elegant ebony PakkaWood® handles complement the blades and provide critical balance and a supreme grip to enhance cutting, chopping, and slicing. Shun Knives come with a limited lifetime warranty and free sharpening for as long as the blade is owned by the original purchaser. Shun's Classic 8" Chef's Knife is a versatile tool for a simple weekday meal or a gourmet sirloin!
Shun Classic 8" Cook's Knife (DM0766) Features:
- Charming, elegant, contemporary Japanese cutlery line from Shun Knives
- Hand-crafted beauty from skilled artisans using ancient sword making techniques
- Made of Shun proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel
- Steel composition with very long-term edge retention
- Japanese chef knife with Damascus-clad blade of 32 layers
- Ground and bead-blasted to reveal flowing pattern of layered Damascus steel
- Razor sharp blades with top performance, durability, and corrosion-resistance
- Hand-sharpened 22° double-bevel blade or 44° comprehensive
- "D-shape" traditional Gyuto chef's knife handle
- Ebony PakkaWood® handle construction
- Handle provides comfortable grip during use
- Agile, light, all-purpose Japanese chef knife
- Full tang construction
- Thinner knife blade than traditional Western chef's knife
- Offers good clearance between knuckles and cutting board
- Ideal for meat, poultry, fish
- Sharp point is ideal for separating meat from bone
- Curved, rigid blade for precise control
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handle
- Limited Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty
- Made in Japan with Shun strict standards of excellence
- Blade length: 8"
- Item # DM0766
"Shun" is the exact moment of time when a specific food is at its peak of maturity and ripeness. Shun Cutlery takes its name from this precise time combined with the Japanese tradition of preparing and eating foods at the height of excellence and freshness. Founded and located in Seki City, Japan, Shun Cutlery continues the blade-making heritage of ancient artisans to produce knives of exceptional beauty and quality. Hand-crafted from start to finish, highly skilled specialists make each knife using advanced technologies and materials paired with the traditional technique of Japanese sword makers employing over 100 steps.
|Description Author||Sierra W|
|Name||Shun Classic 8" Western Cook's Knife|
|GTIIN / UPC Code||4901601359275|
|Home or Commercial||Home|
|Material||Steel & Pakkawood|
|Color||Black & Stainless|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
|Country of Manufacture||Japan|
|Weight (in Lbs)||1|