You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shun Knives Japanese Chef Knife - Classic Series 7 Inch
Come on in! Welcome to the world of Shun Classic Series Cutlery. Come see for yourself this cativating Shun Classic Gyuto Chef's Knife! This charming, contemporary, and elegant line of Japanese knives will have you as a devoted user with the purchase of your first piece. Hand-crafted beauty for you kitchen comes from skilled artisans using ancient sword and knife making techniques. Over 100 steps are used on each Japanese knife to take a core of Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel into a finished work of functional art. A Damascus-clad blade of 32 layers is bead-blasted and ground to display a flowing pattern that will delight the eyes as it moves. The razor-sharp 16 degree double bevel edge with prepare foods with swiftness and ease that you must experience. A traditional Japanese "D-shape" handle is made of ebony Pakkawood® that fits the hand while providing comfortable gripping during use. Now that you are here, you must experience this cutlery world for yourself. You will be happy you arrived with Shun Knives!
The Shun Classic 7" Gyuto Chef's Knife is agile and light. The all-purpose Japanese chef knife is ideal for preparing meat, poultry, and fish for cooking or for serving. It is equally perfect for working on vegetables. Dice, slice, chop with a thinner blade than the traditional Western chef's knife. The Gyuto chef knife still offers good clearance between your knuckles and the cutting board so you will work safely without nicks and cuts on your hands. The Shun Knives Japanese Chef's Knife from the Classic Series can transform the way you prepare your foods through hand-crafted beauty, traditional function, and today's materials. It is time to perfect to embrace Shun Knives for yourself!
Shun Classic Gyuto Chef's Knife Features:
- Charming, elegant, contemporary Japanese cutlery line from Shun Knives
- Hand-crafted beauty from skilled artisans using ancient sword making techniques
- Made of Shun proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel
- Steel composition with very long-term edge retention
- Japanese chef knife with Damascus-clad blade of 32 layers
- Ground and bead-blasted to reveal flowing pattern of layered Damascus steel
- Razor sharp blades with top performance, durability, and corrosion-resistance
- Hand-sharpened 16 degree double-bevel blade or 32 degree comprehensive
- "D-shape" traditional Gyuto chef's knife handle
- Ebony PakkaWood® handle construction
- Handle provides comfortable grip during use
- Agile, light, all-purpose Japanese chef knife
- Full tang construction
- Thinner knife blade than traditional Western chef's knife
- Offers good clearance between knuckles and cutting board
- Ideal for meat, poultry, fish
- Also performs swiftly on vegetables for dicing, slicing, chopping
- Shun Classic Gyuto chef's knife length - 7 inches
- Made in Japan with Shun strict standards of excellence
- Japanese chef knife with limited lifetime warranty from Shun Knives
"Shun" is the exact moment of time when a specific food is at its peak of maturity and ripeness. Shun Cutlery takes its name from this precise time combined with the Japanese tradition of preparing and eating foods at the height of excellence and freshness. Founded and located in Seki City, Japan, Shun Cutlery continues the blade-making heritage of ancient artisans to produce knives of exceptional beauty and quality. Hand-crafted from start to finish, highly skilled specialists make each knife using advanced technologies and materials paired with the traditional technique of Japanese sword makers employing over 100 steps.
|Description Author||Alecia K|
|Name||Shun Classic Gyuto 7" Chef's Knife|
|GTIIN / UPC Code||4901601354744|
|Material||Steel & Pakkawood|
|Color||Black & Stainless|
|Country of Manufacture||Japan|
|Weight (in Lbs)||1|